Relating: It's Showtime!
Any relationship can be studied in the stars by casting a composite
horoscope chart based on the Midpoints of any two birth charts. For example, suppose
the natal Mars of Romeo is at 5° Taurus 30 minutes, and the natal Mars of Juliet
is at 7°Virgo 08 minutes. A composite Mars would be calculated for the degrees and minutes midway
between the two natal positions; in this example the "Romeo and Juliet Mars" would be at 6°
Cancer 19 minutes.
All points and planets in the composite chart are determined in this way; even the
boundary lines separating the twelve houses will represent a composite created from the
house cusps of the two charts in question. In this case, Mars in Cancer indicates a relationship
of high emotional tone; a tendency to high drama and immature reactions, amongst other possibilities.
What does the composite chart say about a relationship? It does not describe each of the two people
involved; a composite is a picture of the relationship itself, the creative and karmic product of two
people as they interact with one another. A composite can address any type of relationship, be it
between lovers, parent and child or one friend to another. Some of the factors that could be
discussed in a composite reading include:
- The elemental balance; Fire (passion, creativity), Water(emotion, nurturing, dreams),
Air(communication, thinking), Earth(grounding in reality, sensual pleasures, practicality)
- Basic energy flow; change and grow, bend and flow, fixed and rigid, or a mixture?
- How the relationship is defined; why have these two people come together?
- Is the self-esteem of both people supported?
- What is the relationship communication style?
- If applicable, will the sexual attraction last over time?
- Homebodies or social butterflys?
- Having fun, being creative, raising children
- Are there ongoing unresolved issues concerning money, health or work concerns?
- Partnership status; each on their own, me on top and you on bottom, or give and take?
- Sex, ancestral inheritance and joint finances; transformational potential
- Public life in terms of career, beliefs, community, friends
- Karmic factors that can lead to discord or harmony in relating