Click on Aegishjalmur
Custom Astrology for Me
CDs or MP3's
Key Transits for the First Trimester of 2018
- December 21, 2017:: First a word about the 2017 winter solstice, as it was noteworthy for hard planetary aspects such as the Ingress Sun meeting with Saturn the karmic taskmaster, both at 0°. This aspect bespeaks an austere and conservative mindset caught up in burdens of responsibility and consolidation of authority, however also dedicated to power and status. Compassion for anything not of utility for shoring up defenses, enrichment or exerting control seems to be lacking.
Meanwhile a speculative and reckless Venus at 25° nearby is in square to Chiron the disenfranchised and befuddled in Pisces, also in trine to disruptive Eris and reactive Uranus in Aries. An aggressive Scorpio Mars meets with Jupiter to rejoice in forced acquisition or sudden destruction. Methinks 2018 will be the year of the robber barons and precocious entrepreneurs, preying on the masses entrapped in dreams of redemption or escape, all of which activity will take a particularly sharp edge come springtime. Whether the outcome is Good or Bad will depend on perspective, of course, along with literal proximity to protected living space and enough financial liquidity to play at the table.
- January 1, 2018:: The New Year starts with a bang, as Uranus stations direct at 24° Aries for the last of three passes, followed within the week with Mars at 14° Scorpio meeting up with Jupiter at 17° Aries. When stumbling back to work after the holidays expect sudden announcements, changes in duty, promotion or demotion; in short jumping out of the gate and suddenly ranging into new pastures.
- January 31, 2018:: A Full Moon of Climaxes and Lunar Eclipse at 11°37'. This will be the second full lunation of the month, which brings a particularly emotional tone to the month. The eclipse will further highlight changes in employment and/or changes in deployment of duties. If at all possible, refrain from making big decisions, engaging in costly purchases or signing contracts from the last week in January through the third week in February; while in a corridor of eclipse energy it pays to wait and see what shakes out, rather than take the initiative.
- February 3, 2018:: This date marks the cross-quarter day of Imbolc in the northern hemisphere wherein the Sun moves at 15° Aquarius, midway between the cardinal zero points of the winter and summer solstices. The cross-quarter days offer a portal opening into interdimentional fluxes and new downloads. Consider lighting a flame and sharing a toast to mark the rejuvenation time of the earth and the sprouting of new seeds; the divine consort has returned from her cosmic wanderings and will now walk the land, igniting a new round of growth and abundance.
- February 15, 2018:: A New Moon of Beginnings and Solar Eclipse occurs at 27° ° 07'. This eclipse belongs to the Saros Series of 1 South, which carries a signature of brainstorming and a blossoming of new creative concepts which should not, however, be carried out in haste without sufficient planning and practical implementation. This lunation is accompanied by the asteroid Juno, patroness of committed, formal relations and the planet Mercury, ruler of all things communicational. New contracts, work assignments and plans for adventure arise out of the ashes of old commitments.
- March 9, 2018:: Jupiter the ruler of expansion and good fortune will station in retrograde motion at 23° 13', resuming direct motion until August 27, 2018 at 13° 20'. This date really does mark a pause and/or change in direction from the usual march forward. Jupiter is one of the indicators for financial affairs; the planet retrograde does not necessarily signal a loss of abundance but it can announce a delay in payments due or intimate affections with held until trust is established. Income or accounts may issue in from old, established or more conservative sources, and in the sign of Scorpio indicates the wisdom of doing deep research on the quality and integrity of current investments and important partnerships. Wheeling and dealing or sexual abuse may take place behind the scenes, but may be suddenly exposed to the light of scrutiny.
- March 23, 2018:: Mercury ruler of communication and commerce will station retrograde at 16°54'; direct motion will resume on April 15, 2018 at 04° 46'. Mercury travels in the shadow of its retrograde motion for a few weeks before the station, the days of which will hold some indication of what will need to be re-visited, re-worked or otherwise re-evaluated at the time of retrograde. The three or so days around the stations are not the best for embarking on a trip, making purchases, getting married or speculating; once firmly into the period it can be wonderful for hiding away on vacation, taking classes or binge-watching a drama series. In fiery Aries, the emphasis can be on health issues connected to inflammation or head injury, otherwise the usual sense of purpose may be diverted or backtracking to explore other options is wise.
The chart generated for the equinox as it occurs in Washington, DC features a loose stellium of Sun, Mercury, Venus, Eris and Uranus all in Aries in the 10th house of leadership, which puts a tremendous focus on individual initiative with a flavor of impulsiveness, disruptive chaos and the swift elimination of anything standing in the way of ambition. The equinox Sun is in square to Mars in Capricorn, reflective of initiatives driven by anger and/or powerful desires to control or obtain status. The equinox Moon in Taurus is emotionally attached to comfort, security and possessions; in trine to Saturn in Capricorn any means can be justified to obtain the ends, regardless of the cost to others or to the environment.
March 20, 2018:: Welcome to the Spring Equinox, wherein the Sun crosses 0°; the planetary picture formed at the moment is used in astrology for predictive purposes.
Neptune with asteroid Juno in Pisces are the most elevated bodies in the chart, indicating a collective marriage with deception, glamour -and big oil and herb- as holding the hypnotic focus; Jupiter retrograde in the Washington fifth house is supportive of speculation and investment in technologies of the past or the sex industry; the sextile to Pluto is inclined to use people and resources brutally to obtain the gain. This will be a fortunate year for those able to make money through their own initiative, might or right connections; not so fortunate for those held at a disadvantage.
- April 2 - May 2018:: Special notice is taken of this time period, wherein Mars, ruler of passion, aggression, ambition and drive will make a series of difficult aspects to the malifics, starting with a conjunction to Saturn on April 2 at 08°57', moving next to conjunct Pluto at 21°17'on April 26th and then squaring Eris at 23°36'followed by a square to Uranus moving into Taurus as May proceeds. Keep a lid on crazy thoughts and impulsive action; try to mitigate confrontations with others. The warpath is illuminated none the less, as is getting into accidents or engaging in terrorist activities. Those born in the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn-or with cardinal energies emphasized in their nativity-should take special care with activity during this time in particular.
Degree Symbols for the First Eclipses of 2018
- January 31, 2018: A Lunar Eclipse occurs at 11° 37'. "A fine bull of a white colour, grazing in the shade of a large tree which stands in a park." A quiet and successful life supported by being born into large estates or joined to such by marriage. The spirit is steadfast, firm, independent, very reserved, benevolent yet outwardly forbidding, patient and cautious. A degree of ADVANTAGE.*
- February 15, 2018: A partial Solar Eclipse occurs at 27°44'. "A cup, a pack of playing cards and dice."A dissipated and irregular life, with a weakness for wine and gambling which is likely to lead to sore difficulties and many excesses. The mind can be addicted to the pursuit of fortune by adventitious means, wherein success can be had by attaching to others of like propensity and habits; however if lacking their confidence and failing will lose their adherence also. Thus, unless electing to follow the paths of simple industry and patient toil in the ordinary walks of life, one can come to ruin and be forced to pick up a precarious livelihood in the byways of social activity. A degree of SPOLIATION.*
- March 20, 2018: At the spring equinox, the North Node of the Moon (Path of Growth) will be at 12°43'. "A jutting rock, upon which some tufts of grass." A firm and steadfast character is favored, who holds resolutely to their own beliefs and principles though it be to their disadvantage. In some ways the mind will be precocious and there will be some degree of self-assertion shown; but, whatever is determined as the right thing to do should assuredly be done if within the compass of resolute striving. A degree of CONSTANCY.*
*Modified from Sepharial's The Degrees of the Zodiac Symbolized.
Mystical Astro Meditations
Beginning Astrology Classes
Meditation on Uranus
Meditation on the Sun
Meditation on Mercury
Meditation on Neptune